Home Page How it works EPCs RdSAP & DEAs RETROFIT MEES Contact Us Trading Terms

2014 © James Tyas, Helston , Cornwall, UK, TR13 0RY

We provide Energy Reports


There is a family of energy reports all with similar methods and objectives. An “On Construction” EPC is very detailed and uses SAP calculations. A commercial EPC is a little less detailed. A domestic EPC uses Reduced Data SAP (RdSAP) and so is the least detailed of the three. Fees charged for these different reports reflect these differences.

Any house built from new or a property that is being fully refurbished will need an On Construction EPC. This will be required by the building control department of the local authority. This report trumps a domestic EPC.

An EPC is required when a property is going to change hands. This applies to both sales and rentals. The new occupiers will then have an idea of the running costs. This EPC is valid for ten years. But if the property is upgraded an fresh certificate will confirm an improved score.

There is a common misconception that listed buildings are exempt from requiring an EPC. Listed buildings should have an EPC created to see what needs doing. They may be exempt from certain measures which alter their appearance and affect their listed status.

An EPC is required to access the Feed In Tariff payments. A score of 55 points is necessary to receive the higher FIT rate of payments. This over-rides other exemptions. So to access the FIT a listed building would needs an EPC.